My primary research interests span broadly across the areas as follows.
- Secure real-time wireless medical devices
- Cyber-physical security
- Device fingerprinting
- Acoustic side-channel
- Captcha attacks and design
My other interests include: mobile forensics, security & privacy of medical data, efficient encryption schemes design. Google Scholar.
- Our journal paper “Feature Fusion and Voiceprint Based Access Control for Wireless Insulin Pump Systems” was published at IEEE ACCESS. Congratulations to Yuan Ping and Bin Hao!
- Our CCS paper about the security issues of temperature-control systems was featured by University of Michigan Engineering News. Link.
- I publish an essay about how to select topics for top-4 security conferences. Link.
- I published a checklist for top-4 security conferences. Link.
- Our new paper written by my student, MD Imran Hossen, was reported by RECLAIM the Net!
- Our new paper written by my student, MD Imran Hossen, was reported by The Register
- My student Yazhou Tu’s paper “Trick or Heat? Manipulating Critical Temperature-Based Control Systems Using Rectification Attacks” was accepted by ACM CCS 2019. Congratulations to Yazhou!
- I was selected to serve as a PC member of USENIX SECURITY 2020!
- Bin Hao presented his paper “Voiceprint-based Access Control for Wireless Insulin Pump Systems” at IEEE MASS 2010.
- Welcome four new graduate students to join WEDS lab!
- Our USENIX SECURITY paper written by my student, Yazhou Tu, was reported by The Register
- I was selected to serve as a PC member of USENIX SECURITY 2019!
- My student Yazhou Tu’s paper “Injected and Delivered: Fabricating Implicit Control over Actuation Systems by Spoofing Inertial Sensors” was accepted by USENIX SECURITY SYMP. 2018. Congratulations to Yazhou!
- I will move to University of Louisiana at Lafayette.
- I was awarded an NSF CRII grant!
- I was awarded a Delaware Economic Development Office grant!
- 08/2014 ACM 2014 MobiHoc Best Poster Runner-up Award
- 12/2013 Dissertation Completion Fellowship
- 04/2013 The Bronze Award Best Graduate Project in Future of Computing Competition
- 04/2013 IEEE INFOCOM student travel grant
- 12/2010 IEEE GLOBECOM student travel grant
- NSF, Project title: CRII: SaTC: CPS: RUI: Cyber-Physical System Security in Implantable Insulin Injection Systems. Amount: $174,995. 11/20/2017-12/31/2019.
- A human-aware energy-efficient security framework for memory-restrained Internet of Everything Devices Agency: Delaware Economic Development Office, $99,997, 11/1/2015-10/31/17.
- NSF Cyber-physical System 2015
- 2019 IEEE Senior Member Application Virtual Review Panel
Program Committee Member
- USENIX SECURITY SYMP. 2019 & 2020
- IEEE ICDIS 2019
- IEEE GLOBECOM 2013 & 2014 & 2015 & 2016 & 2017
- IEEE ICC 2014 & 2015 & 2016 & 2017
- IEEE WASA 2016 & 2017
- IEEE CyperC 2014 & 2015
- IEEE ICACCI 2014
- IEEE ICCVE 2013 & 2014 & 2015
Editor of journals
- Assistant managing editor of JISTMSR (Journal of Information Systems and Technology Management for Specialized Research)
- Guest editor of Security Analytics and Intelligence for Cyber-Physical Systems, IEEE Access.
Reviewer for journals
- IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications
- IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems
- IEEE Wireless Communications Letters
- IEEE Wireless Communications Magazine
- International Journal of Ad Hoc and Ubiquitous Computing
- Wiley Journal of Security and Communication Networks